Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Working on my Challenge Yourself -- Think Outside the Cutter Cookie Entry

Well I am finally done with my cookies for my first cookie challenge and for just learning the art of cookie decoration since December of 2012, I think they turned out pretty good and I am proud of them!  The challenge was to take the diamond wedding ring cookie cutter and use it to create something other than a diamond ring or use it along with another shape or cookie cutter to create something new.

So after a whole 48 hours of racking my brain for an idea of what to create out of the diamond ring cookie cutter and help from my wonderful hubby; Aaron, I decided to make fancy ornate table top clocks :-)  Well actually my original idea was to do a coo coo clock but funny thing happened and I forgot to cut out the door section on the top cookie lol so I did what I had to do.

So I made my clocks compound cookies then made them 3D by putting it on the pedestal.  I learned these techniques and so many more from Julia Ushers Ultimate Cookie Decorating Video Series but I purchased the online version and I highly recommend purchasing either the book or DVD format so you can always have it as a reference.  The online videos will expire and you will no longer have access to them :-(  But I still LEARNED A LOT FROM THEM and plan on purchasing the DVD version soon!  I also learned and used a wood look effect I learned at University of Cookie.

Check them out and wish me luck!
Sugar cookie clocks Sugar cookie clocks Sugar cookie clocks
Sugar cookie clocks Sugar cookie clocks Sugar cookie clocks
Sugar cookie clocks Sugar cookie clocks Sugar cookie clocks

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© Cookielicious , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena